Skip
repetitive navigational links
Skip repetitive navigational links
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000)Back to main CATBOATS pageJoin or leave CATBOATSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:09:01 -0500
Sender:       The Catboat Association Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Chuck Coykendale <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: New halyard

If your halyard runs freely now, replace it with the same size line. Too big a line will cause the halyard not to run through the block freely. Too small a line is hard on the hands. Also I have had my catboat for about 5 years and everything that I did that was not traditional looking I have ended up re-doing it or regreting it. Chuck I am contemplating replacing the halyard on my HA 18, but not positive what size line it is. Can someone help me out on that? Also, should I stay with the 3 strand dacron to maintain the "traditional" look or am I better off switching to braid? Are there any particular tricks to remembering how the rigging runs?

[text/html]