Skip
repetitive navigational links
Skip repetitive navigational links
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000)Back to main CATBOATS pageJoin or leave CATBOATSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:52:09 -0500
Sender:       The Catboat Association Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Kate Herman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: kids who sail, OpSail

Well maybe there is something to this outboard idea... What's the smallest lightest cleanest easiest? We do have a motor mount on our dinghy (and a sail rig, but who wants to sail). Where do you store the motor, gas, etc. on board? Kate Herman, CPA 99 Main St. Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522 Phone 914-693-6058 Fax 914-693-3528 ______________________________________________________________________ I hope you will help protect the environment of the Hudson River Valley: Join the Hudson River Sloop Clearwater http://www.clearwater.org and HRS Sojourner Truth http://www.wvtc.com/~fsloops (and come sailing with us!) - kgh -----Original Message----- From: The Catboat Association Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of /Susan Madd @[log in to unmask] Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 9:42 AM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: kids who sail, OpSail Kate, one last item: We sailed with two teenage boys, they being two years apart. Before girls and cars and jobs, the best distraction was an outboard powered inflatable dinghy. We towed it everywhere they explored inlets and other teen "captive sailors" on a weekly basis. We were lucky, both are good readers and cabin time was comparativly quiet. Other Catboat parents are a bit more ambitious, creating games, contests and the like. One summer, one of the boys tried photography, that might work in N.Y.harbor. Try an old camera from a thrift shop and get a telephoto lense.