Skip
repetitive navigational links
Skip repetitive navigational links
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005)Back to main CONSGIS pageJoin or leave CONSGISReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:27:37 -0700
Sender:       Biological Conservation and GIS <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Daniel Hirner <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Plotting points at given distance along line

Add XY coordinates is built in to ArcMap. Under Tools> Add XY Data Or in ArcToolBox > Data Management Tools> Features> Add XY Coordinates Daniel Hirner _____ From: Biological Conservation and GIS [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of G Green Sent: April 19, 2005 4:56 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: Plotting points at given distance along line To add the xy coordinates you can use xtools pro for ArcMap. Go to xtools->Table operations. http://www.xtoolspro.com/download.html The link says all the features time out after the 30 day evaluation period. Mine are still working though. Actually, I think addxy coordinates is built into ArcMap v 9.x, not sure though. Gen Green ----- Original Message ----- From: John Power <mailto:[log in to unmask]> To: [log in to unmask] Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:34 PM Subject: Re: Plotting points at given distance along line Rhonda, There is an ArcView extension for creating points along a line at equal intervals. I have used it to plot points along a marine dive transect. It's called "Poly to Points" and is available on the ESRi Support Site at: http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=946943583 There's probably a way to add X,Y coordinates in ArcGIS but I haven't tried looking for it yet. When I was working in ArcView I used the sample script addxycoo.ave by adding it to a button in the interface. Here's a reference to it in ESRI Support: http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow <http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow &d=16461> &d=16461 Hope this helps, John M. Power

[text/html]