Skip
repetitive navigational links
Skip repetitive navigational links
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006)Back to main CONSGIS pageJoin or leave CONSGISReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:39:18 -0700
Sender:       Biological Conservation and GIS <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Baden <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      ArcView not opening

Hello all I have been having a problem with projects not opening. Things go along fine when opening from a shortcut on the desktop, from the directory where the project resides or from a generic ArcView project and then opening the specific one from the basic project. Things start up and get to the point where after the extensions are loaded as shown at the bottom of the opening information box and the message indicates "reading the project.apr" the box then closes and nothing happens........ This has happened a couple of times now; fortunately my latest backups were not too far back but far enough to cause a bunch of frustration to rebuild what was lost. At this point I am backing up the project after each session but I have to close the project and re-open to ensure it should be backed up at that point. I am running ArcView 3.2a on XP home......... Any rationale as to why this happens or a means to access the un-opening project after this happens would be very much appreciated..... thanks in advance Baden ********************************************************** CONSGIS LISTSERV To unsubscribe send to [log in to unmask] this email message SIGNOFF CONSGIS Questions? Contact Pete August, [log in to unmask] **********************************************************