Skip
repetitive navigational links
Skip repetitive navigational links
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main CATBOATS pageJoin or leave CATBOATSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 26 Aug 2006 02:41:40 -0400
Sender:       The Catboat Association Discussion List
From:         "John A. Wolf dba/BONEHENGE MUSIC" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: of pig-sticks

John A. Wolf dba/BONEHENGE MUSIC 1247 McKinley Ave. Rock Hill, Mo. 63119-1161 Phone: (314) 962-3266 Fax: (314) 968-9466 e-mail: [log in to unmask] website: http://www.bonehenge.com Dear catters: Is it necessary to use a pig-stick to fly a burgee? I'm planning to buy an Assn. pennant, and my M-18 has a flag halyard w/ cleat on forestay. I figured on attaching the halyard to the eyes on the burgee itself....wrong? Yours Sincerely, John A. Wolf Rock Hill, St. Louis County, MO. On Aug 25, 2006, at 3:41 PM, john parker wrote: > I have a pig-stick from bete-fleming as well, this is how I > attached mine: > one end is held with a bow-line on the brass eye and the other end > is attached with a rolling hitch in that skinny -carved- out part, > of the stick, to help hold it. > > john > > > On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:04 AM, Ken Katz wrote: > > >> Dear cat pack members, >> >> With my new Bete-Fleming pig-stick in hand, I tried to figure >> out the method of pig-stick use to no avail. I have checked the >> archives in which pig-sticks have been described, but that didn't >> help either. To wit: the Bete-Fleming straight wood shaft non- >> fouling piggie has one eye-screw on the base. From this I surmise >> that only one-attachment is made between the burgee halyard and >> the pig-stick? If so, then what? I can imagine hauling it up to >> the top-mast cheek-block, but not how to get it upright with only >> one attachment at the base. I admit a lack of imagination, but I >> am very eager to have my CBA burgee flying this weekend. >> >> >> thanks >> >> ken >> >> >> >> >> > >