Skip
repetitive navigational links
Skip repetitive navigational links
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (March 2010)Back to main CONSGIS pageJoin or leave CONSGISReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:29:28 -0700
Sender:       Biological Conservation and GIS <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Robert Goldstein <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      new online resource for conservation

Hello, I wanted to introduce myself and let folks here know about new onlineresourcefor conservation. I apologize if I already contacted you about this before. A few of us have developed a site called Conservation Maven, which has several features to help conservation professionals: 1) Everyday, we profile 1 or 2 new groundbreaking studies in conservation. Our goal is to keep people working in conservation (and enthusiasts) connected to new academic studies that will interest them and help them wit their work. We have profiled a number of studies related to conservation and GIS, some of which you can see here: http://www.conservationmaven.com/frontpage/tag/technology 2) The site has a conservation funding database that includes upcoming government and foundation grants. We try and update the funding board every few days. People can view the funding board here: http://www.conservationmaven.com/funding-board/ Any funders (or folks in the know) can add programs to the funding board by filling out a short on-line form: http://www.conservationmaven.com/funding-board-form/ 3) Finally, we have an e-newsletter that we send out once every couple of weeks that lists all the new studies that we've profiled on the site and all the new funding opportunities that we've added to the database. People can subscribe to our newsletter or see archive copies here: http://www.conservationmaven.com/newsletter-subscription-page/ Thanks, Rob Goldstein, Editor Conservation Maven www.conservationmave.com <http://www.conservationmaven.com/> 130 Irving Street San Francisco, CA 94122 (415) 308-469 ************************ CONSGIS LISTSERV To unsubscribe send to [log in to unmask] this email message SIGNOFF CONSGIS Questions? Contact Pete August, [log in to unmask] *************************

[text/html]