Skip
repetitive navigational links
Skip repetitive navigational links
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main CONSGIS pageJoin or leave CONSGISReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 30 Sep 1996 14:36:33 +1000
Sender:       Biological Conservation and GIS <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Sue Buzer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      "Invisible" disturbance

Hello all, I am interested incontacting anyone who has been (or knows of..) any research using image analysis of scanned air photos to detect disturbance before it reaches the visible habitat level (i.e. detectable by conventional visual assessment and intepretation of air photos). The particular sand dune coastal forest area I am looking at has differences in species distribution due to aeolian processes etc, but the patterns are too subtle to be easily visible on air photos, hence the image analysis approach. Current work, references, or just interested, please reply to me at [log in to unmask] Cheers, Sue Buzer Dr Sue Buzer School of Construction Management, Queensland University of Technology BRISBANE. QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA Ph 07 3864 1197 Fax 07 3864 1170 Email [log in to unmask]