Skip
repetitive navigational links
Skip repetitive navigational links
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999)Back to main CATBOATS pageJoin or leave CATBOATSReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:06:03 EST
Sender:       The Catboat Association Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         [log in to unmask]
Subject:      Re: LWL

Peter, I have done 7.5 Kts in a Marshall 22 (Snow Goose) on a broad reach in 20+ Kts breeze and 6+ ft seas. It was a wild ride and I was singlehandling at the time. I had come out of the North River South of Situate under full sail and when I cleared the river the sea conditions were such that I didn't dare round up to reef. I also avoided looking back a the seas coming down at me. I sailed with a horrendous weather helm until I got down to Gurnet Point where I could get inside in quiet water to anchor and tuck in a reef for the ride the rest of the way to the Cape Cod Canal. Dave Calder MARIAH NS30C #121